Silk is the most natural form of delicate fiber, which can get easily and smoothly woven into different fabrics and garments. The best of larvae obtained from the cocoons of the Silk producing worms and insects weave in together to form the finest and the most delicate form of texture, which has never faded in its popularity through the decades. It has a fine, elegant and delicate appearance.
Benefits of Silk Fabrics:
- Silk fabric is very light weighted in comparison to other available fabrics and very comfortable in wearing.
- Silk fabric can be worn in all climates. Silk fabric is comfortable and cool during the summer and cosy – warm in the winter.
- Dust particles, moths, fungus and various other pollution prone materials tend to stay off of silk materials, keeping your bed or clothes more allergy free.
- The amino acids present in silk are the same that are found in the human skin and hair, which cause the skin to be healthier and to delay the appearance of wrinkles.
- It is also believed that the silk may be able to prevent or reduce arthritis and vascular sclerosis.
- Silk is naturally flame and heat retardant which makes it safe for wearing , cushions and bedding.
- Silk is strongest of natural fiber available.
- Silk is lustrous ; thus it reflects light and it shimmers and shines very well.
- It absorbs colors deeply and has good affinity to dye.
- Silk is very elastic. It can stretch 10% to 20% without breaking.